Saturday, April 4, 2009
Monday, November 3, 2008
What?! These people add what to milk?!!!
Daddy, I miss you! Please come home soon!
(This photo was taken and sent to Dom on one of his late nights at the office)
Oh Daddy, I'm so glad you're home...
DO NOT DISTURB
I like big butts...and teeny ones too!
Yay, Madame Butterfly likes me!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
It got me thinking.
Josh hogging the fire engine. It is his favourite.. and this is a real "life-size" for him! We just couldn't make him leave the driver seat.
Josh conquering one slide after another..yippee!
Well, since I can't play, I gonna eat this yummy-licious hotdog...
...and be the coolest looking babe on the beach! Yeah!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
A quick intro to the Yee Family:
Daddy Charles Yee (aka "giant" in the family)
-attended YISS'97, former YPM Coordinator 2001-2003
- attended YISS'99
Joshua Yee (aka Josh, Joshbie, darling, "bao bei"....)
- will be turning 3 years old this Sep, attending YISS in another 13 years time?
Sarah Yee (aka mei mei, darling girl..)
- turning 6 months old in a week's time, prob attending YISS a few years after her "kor kor" :)
We praise and thank God for our 2 little darlings. It's amazing watching them grow, more amazing that He has entrusted them to us. They are wonderful, made in His image and likeness. Do pray for us and journey with us as we grow as a family. God bless!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
To amplify the glory of God by growing as strong families
Welcome to the official blog of the Amplify Families.
What are the Amplify Families? We are a bunch of God-loving Catholics (at least we hope we are), mostly former active YPMers / Amplifiers, who have since gotten married and have been blessed with delightful children. Being called to and living this vocation, i.e. marriage and family life, we desire to continue to amplify the glory of God by growing as "Strong Families".
What is a strong family? A strong family is one where, amongst other things:-
(1) the Husband and Father is the spiritual leader, protector and provider. He leads his family to seek the Lord's will and purpose in every area of personal and family life. He is a true model of a person deeply in love with Christ. He is devoted in prayer and initiates prayer and intercession for his family and for other families. He provides for the family and would lay down his life to protect his own;
(2) the Wife and Mother is the positive partner of support, clothed with strength and dignity, compassionate and tender, filled with inner confidence and selfless in love, as described in Proverbs 31. She is God-fearing, the nurturer of children, co-discerner and an able home-maker;
(3) the Children grow up in the ways of the Lord. Their identity is in Christ, because their parents are like Christ and are their best friend to them. They are loved and accepted for who they are. They know who they are, like who they are, and are who they are; and
(4) the Household is a house of prayer, worship and intercession. Where gifts are recognised, nurtured, exercised and developed. A place of refuge and mutual love, and a living testimony to the world about Christ.
We are, but of course, rather far away from the ideal strong family. Nonetheless, like St Paul who called the early Christians "Saints" although they were very much imperfect people, we live in hope of being strong families. May the Lord, who begun this good work in us, bring it to completion and perfection on the day of Christ Jesus.
Apart from the mission to amplify the glory of God by growing as strong families, we are still in the process of discerning our other objectives. They could possibly include the following:-
(1) to support the work of Amplify Ministries through prayer, intercession, giving, mentoring and providing a growing pool of experienced manpower (such as speakers, coordinators, facilitators, intercessors, musicians, worship leaders, logistics personnel, cooks, cleaners, soundmen, artists, designers, etc) to serve with Amplify members in major Amplify events such as Amplify in the City and/or retreats such as YISS;
(2) to help current Amplify members transit smoothly into marriage and family life;
(3) to add to an ever-increasing generation of strong families by eventually, perhaps, inviting other families, whether consisting of former YPMers / Amplifiers or otherwise, into Amplify Families.
Perhaps, with all Amplify members eventually becoming strong Amplify families, all our children could one day become Amplify members! The Church, being then a sum-total of countless units of strong families whose members are God-fearing, may well be the kind of Church we had always prayed and hoped for.
Anyway, thanks very much for logging on to this blog. Pray for us, as we pray for you, that we all may be able to discern and answer God's call for our lives and for our families.
We would also like to thank Leonard for setting up this blog. We thought it would be apt to kick off the inaugural first post with a picture of our super duper insaning crazily cute and chubby son, David Jeremiah. He looks that way mainly because of the superb genes of my lovely wife, Daphne [says Dom]. Wow! Look at that smile! Add in a tear drop or two. Life (and/or the milk) must be really good, and indeed it is. Because Jesus is our Lord and King. We think He is the rock and foundation of solid family life. Can't you see His image in David?
Yours in Christ
Dom & Daph & David (the "3D" family")