Saturday, August 2, 2008

The ultimate outdoor playground

We went to Pasir Ris beach for a picnic few weekends ago with grandparents and godparents in tow. Its been years since I last been there and the first for the kids. Actually I've not been there since my primary school days! (no kidding.. so I can say I have not been there in decades.. haha)

I remember there was this huge, daunting looking rope pyramid structure. Well, it doesn't look intimidating anymore. In fact, it's not a very big structure at all. Leo had to convince me a few times that it is the same structure!

It got me thinking.

Now I'm looking at it as a parent, a grown-up. If it looked scary to a ten year old me, what more to a less-than-three year old Joshua?

Like many things in life that I've taken for granted, I must remember to look at them from the perspective of my young children. It is so easy to forget sometimes. It is important cos then patience will come automatically, and not be trying. Yup, especially when you are facing off with a cranky tot and crying baby, at the same time, after a long day's work.

But those are just moments. Check out when they are in playground heaven:

Josh having ball of a time on a swing!

Josh doing his 1st rope obstacle course! A great accomplishment!


Josh hogging the fire engine. It is his favourite.. and this is a real "life-size" for him! We just couldn't make him leave the driver seat.

Josh conquering one slide after another..yippee!

Well, since I can't play, I gonna eat this yummy-licious hotdog...

...and be the coolest looking babe on the beach! Yeah!

No comments: